Sunday 6 December 2009

 

I was ten years old (from the diary of one certain girl)

I was ten years old, and the sun, with
Father had set that day
Mother had breathed her last, long ago
And, the gaps around, attacked me into emptiness;

“The attack of emptiness is not merely painful, but
Like every pain, also a lonely experience”

My parent’s memory filled me
With suffering and solitary pain;
Yet, this discovery of pain too, passed away

In such moments of discovery, I took a stroll
Along the bank of a river
I wanted to dissolve in, but everything hurt;
Even my muted reflection, in it.

Back home, the air was liquor,
Liquor mixed with pain, but
They found a recess in its blatant highness

A girl right after a strong attack of bareness
Is a human rag, but
I found a way to cheat grief at the age of ten
Now, at the age of eighteen,
The same means cheat me
I am shattered everyday, and
I make easy money near Lugar Theatre;
I spend my nights with possessed dreams

But, effects have changed lately
My mind has cleared, with
My liver still alcohol
Something strange is happening to me,
Then the stars wink
And the distant rainbows settle
Full, colorful

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]